Justice, Discsusion Boards
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Justice, Discsusion Boards

Elite Gaming Community

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Basic Information

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Beat_Down_
A Lot of Dust
Beat_Down_

Basic Information Empty
PostSubject: Basic Information   Basic Information Icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2008 7:52 am

Basic Information 2

Basically this map will be similar in design to the old map Battle Royale where 12 players battle to the death using unique units and their skills to aid them in survival. The surviving player is the winner. My map uses essentially the same set up yet expands upon it by offering far more playable characters, more than one round per game, a smaller terrain to encourage combat and fixes to gameplay problems seen in the previous Battle Royale such as Fountain camping and the 'Danger Zones'.

Basic Information 1

I hope to, by the end, have around 50 playable characters in this map. The terrain features opened and enclosed areas for hiding and space to dodge and stuff.

Basic Information 4

Not really sure what more I can say at the moment though I'l update this frequently.
Back to top Go down
Cecil
Admin
Cecil

Basic Information Empty
PostSubject: Re: Basic Information   Basic Information Icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2008 10:42 am

Beat_Down_ wrote:
Basic Information 2
"Oh Hi" is funny xD... but maybe you should change it to the map name, such as "Battle Royale v1.1" (obviously replaced with your map name), for instance.

Also, you could change "Quests" to help, and always altering the Food & Gold icons give it a special feeling. Anything to make the experience unique from other maps.

Also, the "Danger Zone", was a cool feature of BR in my opinion. What this function did, was allow a fairly good sized map, without letting the game run on... out of 50 heroes, there are surely some that could be designed to be "out of combat" (Think Ezekiel [Fire Mage] from BR); such close quarters utterly takes "the hunt" out of the game, and limits the survival of a cool unit theme, much like Ezekiel—too small of a map, and there won't be a game.

'Course, you can save the sizing for alpha & beta testing.
Back to top Go down
http://justice.phpbb9.com
Beat_Down_
A Lot of Dust
Beat_Down_

Basic Information Empty
PostSubject: Re: Basic Information   Basic Information Icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2008 10:53 am

lol the oh hi is just there because I don't know the name of the map yet, and yeah the danger zones were stupid though cause you entered them and you just died when it wasn't entirely even obvious which areas were danger zones. The maps actually a fairly decent size, I thought 64x64 would be too small but it actually takes quite a while to walk from one side to the other in game. And I'l probably remove the food, gold and lumber icons as there isn't really any necessary information that can replace them.
Back to top Go down
Beat_Down_
A Lot of Dust
Beat_Down_

Basic Information Empty
PostSubject: Re: Basic Information   Basic Information Icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2008 8:27 pm

Basic Information Lol

Hows that for screen furniture Smile

Gold, Lumber and Food are now

Kills, Rounds Won and Current Round/Number of Total Rounds respectively.
And say hello to Quarter Master Jacob Denver who is now pretty much complete alongside Evita, The Eternal Lord.

Jacobs abilities; Blinding Flare(Delayed Stun), 'Like An Ocean I Shall Rise Again' (Channeled AoE Damage/Self Heal), Seasick Aura(Drains Mana While Active, Enemies Miss 50%, Move 25% Slower.), Spirit Of Ida Wave(Channeled Summon)
Back to top Go down
Cecil
Admin
Cecil

Basic Information Empty
PostSubject: Re: Basic Information   Basic Information Icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2008 11:56 pm

If you would like, I could search for quality attack, move, hold, patrol, and stop icons.

Also, still think the 'island' should be a lot bigger... with 12 players, it's going to be impossible to balance certain heroes (such as the Fire Mage Ezikiel, in my previous post).

Lastly, the "Kills" could be changed to "Kills & Deaths", as K/D format.

(For Ex.: You have killed two two times, and died a total of 3 times... making the 'Gold slot' read "2/3", or "2K/3D".
Back to top Go down
http://justice.phpbb9.com
Beat_Down_
A Lot of Dust
Beat_Down_

Basic Information Empty
PostSubject: Re: Basic Information   Basic Information Icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2008 6:20 am

I tend to dislike custom attack/move etc buttons in maps like this. Fair enough if the sword and shield simply don't fit the theme like Night of the Dead maps for example, but its functional for this.

And the number of deaths isn't really worth knowing seeing as the majority of players are going to die in each round anyway.
Oh another thing all trees are destructible and regrow within 45 seconds.

At the moment I don't think the island is too small but it will take testing to truly decide that, oh and I just checked and I was wrong in my previous post its 96x96 not 64x64.
Back to top Go down
Beat_Down_
A Lot of Dust
Beat_Down_

Basic Information Empty
PostSubject: Re: Basic Information   Basic Information Icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2008 1:31 pm

Basic Information Froting

Ohai Frot, nice of you to join us doing what you do best, obliterating.

Graphic has been edited, 'sludge' around him is now green instead of purple and the beam looks much more like its coming from the orb rather than Frot's side and the green 'burn' effect on the units is now on their chest.

Edit 2: Zomg its so much cooler now!
You can't really tell this from the screenies cause its all in the sounds and animations, but you can now see the core much better(and its blue) and the beam fits better.
Basic Information Froting2

Heres a rundown of how it works
Frot starts by heaving up his core from his back covering the field in sludge, then the core slowly fades into being where it activates and annihalates everything in a 700 range one by one Smile
Back to top Go down
Ex.
Gravel

Basic Information Empty
PostSubject: Re: Basic Information   Basic Information Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2008 11:56 pm

Just got back on to the whole WC past-time again and I must say, It's a pleasure to come back to stuff like this. I'll do my best to be more active again and pitch in where I can. Keep it up.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Basic Information Empty
PostSubject: Re: Basic Information   Basic Information Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Basic Information
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Justice, Discsusion Boards :: World Editor Map Projects :: Beat's Untitled Map-
Jump to: